Wednesday 16 June 2010

No Haggling Mojo

I'm chillaxing (cringe) in Jakarta for a few days. And when I say chillaxing (cringe) I mean it.

I bought 2 books yesterday, I've finished one and I'm halfway through the second. I think I'll be taking them back to swap tomorrow. Sue Grafton, check out her 'Alphabet' series...awesome stuff.

One of the reasons I'm not really going out (apart from the fact that both Bangkok and Jakarta were just a means to an end for me....planes), is that I can feel my haggling mojo is way down. I'm exhausted, knackered, tired of the endless back and forth that goes with buying anything anywhere other than a restaurant or supermarket. It's great fun, don't get me wrong, but phewey!

I'll be hopping on a plane tomorrow evening and heading to Sydney Oz, where I'll be seeing my lovely Linda for the first time in 6 months. Hullo Lindar!

This afternoon I shall be carefully going through my bag and making sure I have nothing hidden that would draw the attention of the radar-possessing, heightened sensitivity brigade that is Aussie customs personnel. I've also scrubbed my shoes clean of Mount Rinjani and Bromo filth, washed and brushed my hair to within an inch of its life, and selected a decent outfit to fly in. All this in the hopes that I won't walk through customs and be pulled aside on account of looking like a parasite-ridden hermit lady. I wouldn't want to suffer the indignity of being rolled in a paddling pool of disinfectant and held in quarantine as a biohazard prior to repatriation.

So....no new pics for this blog entry, unless you'd like me to take some quick shots of the view from my window (of the exterior AC units inside the lightwell), or the bathroom (constantly dripping...but effective shower)?

The next time you hear from me I will (should) be reporting from Sydney. See ya'll soon xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Have a good chillout. Enjoy your flight and hear from you soon when you have saftely negotiated customs. I have been sent home from work after one of my funny turns. They have some important visitors in today and I don't think they wanted them comming across some 'mad' woman so sent me home. Its a glorious day so I will enjoy a bit of sunshine. luv mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She didn't really have a funny turn, she just wanted to sneak her boyfriend round for some fun in the sun ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Hi Dad *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she is going OzzyLand ... Then coming home. Whoop whoop whoop diddy whoop whoop.

    Oh, i'm at Glasto festival when you get back next weekend, but I'll see you as soon as I'm back in town.

    You'll have had a wash and be in recovery from your jetlag by then.

    Your post travelling blues will have started to set in and I can help you smash them to smitherines with thoughts of our love nest and a lot of booze :)))

    xxxx Travel safe and travel swift my dear heart x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you two, I DO wish you wouldn't air the families dirty laundry all over my bloggage....norty norty!!

    Jo, I'll make sure I haven't washed....just for you! :o) Tis a gift!

    Whoop, love nest and booze!! WHOOP!!! See you all soon my lovelies :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing as young Lindar is communicatingly challenged, say hi for me. Safe journey to Ozzieland, Ozzie Border control and back home.

    ReplyDelete