Tuesday 25 May 2010

Bali Bali

I'm kicking myself for not bringing my photo DVD here....after not finding on in Siem Reap I hardly expected to wander into a cafe that could read DVD's here, and yet here I am. It's an interesting place, I'm sat in a little private cubicle....on the floor. There are some cushions. There are Bob Marley posters on the wall and something that sounds similar to Linkin Park is playing. There's quite a big alternative rock scene here.

I'm in Denpasar, Bali's capital city....a million miles (or maybe not really) from the tourist areas. To be honest it's a good break, Siem Reap was a little crazy so it was. A couple of low/no alcohol days is probably what my body needs.

It was a long day yesterday with my journey here from Siem Reap. Roger and I were on the same flight out to KL and so we said goodbye at the airport when we arrived, he's off to India. I waited in the airport for what felt like forever with the excessive AC almost freezing me to death, and then I went to board my flight to Bali. As the lady checked my ticket she said something to me that I didn't hear, when I asked her again she said 'you pregnant, or not pregnant'. I stood for a second wondering whether I should respond with 'I hope you ask ALL the women that!' then said no, threw an embarrassed look at the guy behind me and carried on.

I know I've put on a couple of pounds in the last week or so, almost entirely in beer, but really? Sob..... Maybe I should have said yes, I might have got priority boarding. Us large people don't like being on our feet too long after all.

The second flight was lovely, I had a row to myself, and in the adjacent row was the most gorgeous baby ever, blesser little cotton socks. I didn't even mind it when she squealed and cried.

My plan for tomorrow is to get to Padangbai and the ferry to Lombok, although I spoke to a girl today who had a rough time with some touts in Lombok, so I may find myself visiting a tourist office and paying a little extra to avoid the notorious hassles at the harbour where you leave for the Gili Islands. I'll see if I can get back here later and put some pics up :)

Love to all at home xxxx

2 comments:

  1. You should have confused her and said "well no I don't believe I am pregnant, however there is always the possibility I am pregnant isnt there, shall we do a test?" and seen what happened!

    Buh Bye Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to have vacation and relax with your family here atseminyak Villas. Why not to try it guys, here at Bali where beautiful memories lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete