Saturday 24 April 2010

Good Morning Vietnam

Good morning Hanoi.

Landed safely in the tiny Lao airlines plane which was a relief!

Getting to the backpackers was shock-on after the dead peace of SpicyLaos. Music playing and loads fo people tooing and froing. It was check in time though and lots of people were milling around which added to the effect.

I went and hid in my room for a few minutes before heading up to the pool room for a relaxing beer. There was a party going on, the favourite drinking game being 'beer pong'. People arrange 6 or so glasses (more for doubles and triples) about a quarter full of beer. Then the opposing teams have to try and throw a ping pong ball into each others glasses. If a ball lands in a glass, the glass must be downed.

I watched this all from my perch in the corner, taking notes for the future when I'd be a bit more up for it.

My dorm was full but everyone checked out this morning, so I'll see whether I have any neighbours later when the check in rush starts! For now, I'll have some good food here at the hosetl where it's s afe, and then I'll venture out and get you some pictyures of ootiful Hanoi :o)

I'm feeling much better by the way, Pongs chicken noodle soop must have been magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment