Friday 9 April 2010

Passport Photos

I didn't mention (or did I?) that I went to get some passport photos taken yesterday.

I was taken up to a photo studio affair, the lady didn't speak much English, but kept laughing at me for reasons I cannot understand. I don't think I can keep a straight face for the camera, when one is pointed at me I automatically screw my face up into some contortion or another.

Being concious of this I tried to keep as straight a face as possible, which consequently leads to me looking miserable as sin. When she showed me the photo she had a little smile on her face and I just rolled my eyes at it....'orrible, but it'll do.

I also piled all my hair up into a bun, I figured it was the easiest and safest hairstyle to replicate at the border (but only adds to the stern grumpy look). When I was sitting later watching the guy looking at the pic I saw him first scroll down to my boobs, then up to my head, and then he started photoshopping off little bits of hair that were sticking out at random.

He was photoshopping my visa pictures! Is this not illegal?

I also suspect that he did something with my skintone to make me look less red and shiny, I mean, I'm grateful....but what happens when I turn up at the border, hair askew and puffing like an angry lizard?

'No...this is definitely not the same person...send her away, better yet, send her to jail, because if it IS her then these are photoshopped. NORTY!!'

I love Asia....

1 comment:

  1. we will wait for the phone call, saying you were arrested trying to cross the boarder with a fake visa! Keep well, keep safe and keep enjoying. love mum

    ReplyDelete